Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hump day?

Howdy,

Well today is the middle of the work week but as is usual for the area i live in, Northern Michigan, we have an extreme amount of snow which didn't start til after midnight and accumulated quickly enough that school was cancelled today.  So, while it may be hump day, I'm in serious need of a large dose of concentration.  My 4 kids are running a muck!  While my son is torturing the kitten, chasing her all over the living room, my younger girls are having tea parties and playing school in their room and my oldest has her music cranked as loud as it will go in her room.  Maybe i need to find a set of headphones and listen to my own music just to drown out all of them.   

Well since I've gotten nothing else done today but cooking for my monsters, I may as well share a recipe or two...



Now this first one was actually my 6 year olds idea as she is having her birthday this Friday and got it out of her coloring book and is sure we should serve it with our lunch at her party :)  (and no laughing at the name, it came from a kid's coloring book after all)


Panda's Pink Punch

2 liters ginger all
2 liters cranberry juice
1 gallon raspberry sorbet


In a large punch bowl, mix 1 liter chilled ginger ale and 1 liter chilled cranberry juice.  Next, scoop raspberry sorbet into the bowl.  Then pour remaining chilled ginger ale and cranberry juice over sorbet.   Serve



I can't say that I've ever made this before but since I'm such a pushover for my baby, we probably will have it for her birthday, lol. 



Now this next one I have made many many times and I do love it and it's super easy!


Sour Cream Pound Cake

1 Duncan Hines (or comparable) Butter Recipe Cake mix
1 8 oz. container sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. oil
1/3 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients together.  Bake in a greased bundt pan for 50-55 minutes until golden brown.

While still warm, drizzle with your favorite icing or glaze.  Serve warm or cold.  Makes a great breakfast cake. 



Happy Hump Day everybody!




1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Hope you're finding some peace and quiet! ;) I've been sidetracked ALL day, just can't get my head in the game I have I complete silence. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete