Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sweet Saturday....

I proclaim today Sweet Saturday, which really means I found an amazing recipe while searching the internet.  I humbly thank www.thesweetslife.com who may have got this recipe from www.nutmegnanny.com.


Cheesecake Strawberries





Doesn't that picture just make you want to dive right into summer.  This is seriously a perfect picnic treat.  I'm thinking Memorial Day, which means I'll be making them today!  Also a great idea for the 4th of July and I wonder how that would taste with a blueberry on top.  You know, to stand for red white and blue? 

What I'm really thinking is that with 4 kids, I'm going to need alot of strawberries!

Ok, here we go....


Ingredients:-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs

Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.



Could that be any easier?  I don't think so which means you have NO excuse to make this great treat for the holidays!!

So, go...be one with your strawberries:)


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!


Krista


4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Krista. Those looked so yummy I almost eat them off the page! Thanks for sharing. This does look perfect for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, don't they look sinful? We made them over the weekend and my oldest daughter wanted to eat them all herself. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That sounds wonderful and it's making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were so good Taryn! You should try them.

    ReplyDelete