Thursday, August 9, 2012

Author, author...



...read all about it !


Today we have the wonderful

    Wendi Zwaduk




Hi Wendi, great to have you here today!  Could you please tell us a little about yourself?


I’m short, have blue hair and love to sing to the steering wheel. (Wow, the more I read that, the more I sound like a smurf...) I get loud when I’m with my best friend and love to laugh. Put me at a race (just about any involving a motor) and I’m happy as a clam.





What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?


I read a Harlequin story involving racing and I hated the way the racing was shoved to the background. I wanted to see how the characters lives were more involved in what they did. Most every racer I know eats, drinks, and breathes racing. It’s not just a job. I didn’t like the ending either, so I worked on my own story. I’d always had the stories in my head, but never had the reason to put them on paper. Now I do.





What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?


Depends. If it’s a racing story, then I absolutely have to go to the races and hang out in the pits soaking up all the info I can. If the story is a contemporary romance involving teachers, then I tend not to do as much research. I was a teacher for four years and have a degree in education, so I know what I’m talking about. But when it comes to the handful of historical I’ve written, I tend to go berserk researching. Why? There is always that one person who knows that one little detail is wrong, even when the rest are right. If at all possible, I don’t want that to happen.





Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?


The whole house. Seriously. The couch works, but I tend to sit in front of the couch on the floor and use the coffee table. If my knees are acting up (arthritis), then I sit at the kitchen table. We used to have an office, but with three people on three different computers, one desk just doesn’t cut it. Plus, I need noise to work. I’ve always been strange that way. So I tend to be out where everyone else is—unless I’m writing something hinky. That’s when I have to be alone. Grin.





As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?


I like to read a wide variety of books, but my favorites tend to be Stephen King and John Grisham. I know, so not romance. I love romance, too. Give me a KA Mitchell book and I’m golden. I like Kresley Cole’s Scotish series. I gobble up the vampires Kimberly Raye writes. Do they influence me? Probably. I don’t have the legal chops to write anything involving lawyers. I’m not really big into horror that I can see (the movies scare the crap out of me), but I like reading it. Then again, Bag of Bones, by King had spots in it where I swore the thing was real. I’m influenced in that I know my limits. Horror is beyond my limits. Grin.





What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?


Snicker. I write almost everything on my laptop. It’s my right hand object. It’s even got a race car ON it. I know. I’m neurotic. But I’m just as strange in that I write a lot on paper. If I get stuck, I close the laptop and grab one of my various notebooks. Inevitably that’s when the muse will talk. It works out.





I tend to pants my stories. I let the muse run and try desperately to keep up. There are stories when I do plot. I’d be in so much trouble if I didn’t. But a lot of the time I pants and run. Grin.





When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?


Watching racing. I love racing and drawing. I’m a mom, too, so that tends to take up time when the muse talks. I’m Mom #1 and writer #2. Is that bad? Depending on who you ask it could be. Shrug. The nice thing is my small person likes to read and write books, too, so going to the library or bookstore is therapeutic for the both of us.





Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??


I can’t drive a stick shift vehicle. Can’t get the rhythm down to do it. Sucks when that’s the only vehicle available, but I’m a block head in that respect. Shrug.





For fun, I have a few personal questions,  

Your Favorite 5
1) Favorite color – dark blue

2) Favorite dessert - sherbet

3) Favorite Season - fall

4) Favorite sad song – I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues

5) Favorite Romantic movie – the Wedding Singer



 
And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??


This is a true story, too. My ideal romantic vacation was my birthday a couple years back. I love dirt racing and Dh bought tickets for a HUGE late model dirt race. We took the camper (which isn’t my favorite, but it’s an RV so I can deal. I love having the hotel on wheels) and watched racing. He made steaks like I like and Dilly Bars for desert. It was great. We had family time and then had to explain to the small person why every time Mommy goes camping, the camper shakes. But that’s my idea of fun. It was romantic and fun and I’d do it again. Where’s the next race?








Where can our readers find you?? 


Email: theauthorwendizwaduk@gmail.com


Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk

Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk/195277927167481?ref=tn_tnmn

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/author/wendizwaduk

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk

On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/wendizwaduk/

On Google+: https://plus.google.com/115637543946745656739/posts

On Romance Novel Center: http://www.romancenovelcenter.com/wendizwaduk


Newsletter sign up:  http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj





Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

Sunshine of Your Love  


Wendi Zwaduk


Total-E-Bound

Genre
Historical (Recent)/ Men in Uniform
Book Length
Novella
Erotic Rating
Total-e-burning
Sexometer
2
eBook Format
ePub/HTML/PDF/Mobipocket(prc)
eReaders Supported
All current eReaders
Send direct to Kindle?
Yes
Cover art by
Posh Gosh
ISBN#
978-1-78184-059-7



It’s 1970. The world is in upheaval. Can two people really make a difference and find love at the same time?


Noel Flynt signed up for the Army to carry out his family duty. He never expected the travesties of Vietnam to take their toll on him. He’s coming back to the world he thought he knew, but with everything changing around him, he’s going to have to learn he can’t live in the past.


Cindy Stephens couldn’t wait for Noel to return. She sees the man within the uniform and has loved him for as long as she can remember. But times have changed. She’s not the timid schoolgirl any longer. Can she accept his changes, too?
The only constants are time and love.


Reader Advisory: This book contains one war hero, the woman who loves him, lots of hot sex, with a little spanking mixed in for good measure.







EXCERPT!!!!





“You tired?”


“No.”


“Good. I’m not, either.” Noel got up from the chair and pulled her into his lap as he sat down on the bed. He situated her legs on either side of his and hiked up her skirt. He removed the elastic from her hair and ran his fingers through the downy strands. “Now, about your request.”


“You don’t want to.” She scooted back on his lap. “Really, don’t patronise me.”


“You use big words to cut me down.” He threaded his fingers in her hair and tugged slightly, bringing her close. “Sunshine, I very much want to make love to you.”


“I’m not her and you love—”


Noel kissed the response from her mouth. Love wasn’t in his cards, but satisfying Cindy all night? That was a different story. He breathed in the scent of her perfume—something flowery and light. He brushed his fingers down her bare arm. Her soft skin reminded him of silk.


Cindy scratched her nails on his shirt and broke the kiss. Her chest heaved with each breath. He cupped one hand behind her head and used his other hand to slip the strap of her dress down her shoulder. The upper swell of her breast came into view. He kissed the soft spot behind her ear and worked his way down her throat.


Each of her whimpers and sighs imprinted itself on his heart. She affected him more than the champagne. He licked and nibbled along her collarbone, and her pulse thrummed beneath his lips. He moved the other strap low on her arm. Cindy wriggled free from the elastic bodice of her sundress and put her arms around him. Heat from her pussy sent a fever through his body.


“Sweet Jesus.” He leant back, drawing her flush against his body. “I need you.”


Cindy sat up. Her hair billowed around her face and the dress slipped down to her navel, exposing her lace-covered breasts to his gaze. The blush on her chest matched the rosy colour filling her cheeks.


He placed one hand on her breast and stroked her nipple through her bra. Behind the lace, the dusky skin tightened into a bead. Her eyes widened and her hands trembled as she slowly dragged her dress lower on her body. He reached behind her and flicked the catch on her bra. The cups loosened, revealing more of her skin.








There's one last thing before we say goodbye today.  Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share but it's totally up to you.


This is one of my favorite recipes because it’s easy, versatile and can be twiddled with.


Red Punch





1 2ltr bottle 7Up, Sprite or lemon-lime soda (Can be diet or caffeine free)


1 64 oz bottle Hawaiian Punch


1 pkg Frozen strawberries





Mix the whole caboodle in a punch bowl. The strawberries work as ice cubes that are edible and healthy. Add more strawberries as needed.





The beauty of this recipe is that you can add harder beverages to it or keep it kid-friendly. Most everyone likes it and it goes over well. Just be warned. It can stain! Grin. Yep, found that out the hard way. 


Wendy that sounds like a great party punch for adult or children!  Thanks so much for sharing yourself with us today and love the sound of the new release !!

Readers, make sure you follow the link to get your copy today of Sunshine of Your love!  



Until next time, happy reading!!

Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment