Monday, September 10, 2012

Author, author...

...read all about it !

We have a great author visiting us today and we are the next stop on the Sizzling PR book tour for
      Dare to Act
                  by
      Leigh Ellwood!!


Hi Leigh, great to have you here today!!  Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Thanks for having me! I am Leigh Ellwood, and I write erotica and erotic romance in a variety of sub-genres. I have been published for about eight years now and have several books and stories available in eBook and print. I am published with Phaze Books, DLP Books, Ravenous Romance, Samhain Publishing, and I have contributed to Coming Together.

 

What did you want to be when you were growing up or did you always want to be a writer?

I had originally set out to become a journalist, but found I enjoyed writing fiction more than reporting. The dual major in English and Journalism I had planned ended up becoming just English, and I worked a variety of jobs until I found my current day job in social media writing. Soon, I hope to write fiction full-time.

 

When did you first start writing?

When have I never written? LOL Seriously, I’ve been writing seriously since high school. I sold my first story at 19, and published my first book at 29.

 

What is a typical writing day like for you? 

These days, I take the time when I can get it. I do work during the day, and once I’m home and all the “home things” are done (dinner, homework, bedtime stories, etc.) I have about 2-3 left in the evening which are mine to write. If that schedule is interrupted, I’ll jot notes on notebooks or my iPad.

 

Do you have an specific routine you follow or specific items you need with you when you write?

Not really. I’ve found my unpredictable schedules allow me to be flexible. I’ll write on bar napkins if I have to get a job done!

 

What is your favorite part of writing?  Is there anything you don’t like about being a writer?

The only thing I don’t like about writing is self-doubt. I hate writing a story and thinking it’s terrible, but at least I have editing to help with that. I do enjoy when I have a 1K plus night – I feel as though I have accomplished something.

 

What is your favorite length of book to write?  (Short story, novella, full length novel) Why?

This is difficult to tell – I love writing all lengths. I am especially happy when I finish a work over 50K. I know readers prefer longer works, and they have requested I write longer.

 

How does your family feel about your writing and you being an author?

My family has been very supportive. Whenever I visit relatives they want to know what I’m doing. My sister will even retweet my promo, which is nice!

 

Is there a to-be-read waiting on your bedside table?

Always! I have a huge list of books on my Kindle to get through.

  

For fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5
1)  Favorite Holiday – Thanksgiving (I love to eat.)
2)  Favorite Drink – Southern Comfort and Cranberry
3) Favorite Author – Dick Francis
4)  Favorite Book – To Kill a Mockingbird
5)  Favorite Animal - Beagles

And for a bonus:  What is a typical mood for you?  And is your mood different when you’re writing?

Tired, does that count as a mood? J When I write I tend to be more alert.

 
 

Where can our readers find you Leigh?? 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeighEllwood

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LeighEllwoodAuthor

Website/blog: http://www.leighellwood.com

 

 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

My latest book, DARE TO ACT, is an M/M erotic romance available through Ravenous Romance. It is for sale in eBook at the following stores:





 

When actor Parker Stigwood stuns the world by doing the unthinkable on live television, he’s convinced his career is over. Disgusted by Hollywood hypocrisy, he pushes the pause button on his life and retreats to his parents’ home in Dareville to contemplate his future. Little does he realize, various forces have plans for him on a personal and professional level.

Luke Hall is excited to direct his first play for the local arts center, more so when the handsome movie star volunteers to watch rehearsals and offer pointers. Luke would rather watch Parker, but there are interruptions to his viewing pleasure. When a well-meaning friend seeking benefits places doubts in Luke’s head about Parker’s intentions, Luke wonders if their relationship will bomb at the box office.

On and off-stage, Luke and Parker’s passion sizzles. But will Parker dare to act on his feelings for Luke and leave his star behind for good?

 

 Last but not least before we let you go, do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share but it's totally up to you.

 

Sure, This recipe is for Phyllo Pizza Rolls. It is a version I created to make a WW friendly version for my diet.

Phyllo sheets, thawed
Pizza sauce
Low-fat mozzarella cheese sticks
No-fat cooking spray
 

If you've never worked with phyllo before, be warned it is very delicate and you don't want it to dry out. If your pack is frozen, make sure you set it out to thaw completely before unrolling, otherwise it will crack.

 

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Spray a muffin tin with the cooking spray. I have a mini-muffin tin - you can use a cookie sheet, but I find this is better in case the dough cracks while baking and the filling leaks.

 
3) Grate the mozzarella and set aside. You can use any type of cheese for this - I use the prepackage sticks to keep track of points.



4) Carefully lay one sheet of phyllo on a cutting board and spray. Set another sheet on top. (keep the rest of the dough wrapped so it doesn't dry out.)

 

5) Cut the dough into quarters. In the middle of each rectangle, spoon some pizza sauce and add some of the grated cheese. You may want to experiment with other "toppings" like chopped up pepperoni or bacon.

 

6) Fold the long ends of each rectangle over the sauce mixture, then fold back the ends over the bottom of the pouch so the wrap resembles a pizza roll. Set gently in a sprayed muffin cup.

 

7) Repeat until you have made as many as you plan to eat/share. I used five sheets, one cheese stick, and about 1/2 cup of sauce to make ten rolls.

 

8) Bake about 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!


Leigh,  thanks so much for being with us today and for sharing a recipe.  I think my kids will love those so we'll definitely be making them.    Your new book sounds great and it will be on top of my TBR pile very soon.  Please feel free to stop by anytime!!

Readers, don't miss this great new release, Dare to Act by Leigh Ellwood.  Here are the links again for quick reference...





Until next time, happy reading!

Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment