Saturday, September 15, 2012

Author, author...

...read all about it !

Today we have a guest post  from :)
 
Kacey Hammell and her characters from Awakenings


 

Kacey: Good morning! Thanks for stopping by Krista’s site to visit with myself, Alicia & Cole, from Awakenings. While writing this story, these characters kept me on my toes endlessly. When I wasn’t cursing them, I was crying, slamming the laptop shut. It was a crazy time. Alicia and I argued constantly, still do, and we don’t always see eye to eye.  And on top of all that, these are two very stubborn, volatile and aggressive characters…

coughing interrupts

Cole: Hey, excuse me, Kacey but we’re not that bad.

Alicia: Well she has a few things right, Cole. You’re stubborn, aggressive.

Cole: I could say the same about you, thank you very much.

I watch the two of them glare at one another. A smirk covers Cole’s lips and I see the twinkle in his eye.

 

Kacey: Listen you two, I’m just tellin’ it like it is. Admit it, your story was all that and more. Alicia a bit more difficult, obviously.

Alicia raises a brow at me.

Alicia: Only one woman can rule the story.

 

Kacey: Considering I’m the author, don’t you think it should have been me?

Alicia: Considering I was the one you had kidnapped, held prisoner at knifepoint, naked and bound to a chair…and don’t get me started on what happened to Hannah.

 

Kacey: Things just evolved. It wasn’t my fault.

Alicia: Ever hear of a delete button?

Cole: Ladies, ladies. To your corners. Look, our story has been written. It’s in the hands of readers, everything turned out for the best.

Alicia glares at Cole.

Alicia: You always stick up for Kacey.

I roll my eyes. I’ve heard this so many times.

 

Kacey: Cole understands the way this all works. You don’t obviously.

Alicia: Look, I’m just saying that I had some really life-altering horrors happen to me, and decisions that made me reevaluate my life. It wasn’t easy.

 

Kacey: True, and I am sorry for all you endured, but look what you have now. *points to Cole*  A finer man you can’t find anywhere. *I pray none of my other heroes read this*  Besides, we’re never given more challenges than we can handle.

Alicia: Possibly.

Cole: You know she’s right, love, now come on. Let’s not bore Krista and readers with your never-ending argument. It’s getting old.  Kacey, good to see you.

I smile at him, totally besotted. Damn he’s a fine man.

 

Kacey: Thank you, good to see you. Have you both been well?

Alicia: We’ve been just fine. Things have been really good actually. *she smiles at the love of her life*

 

Kacey: Settled in after everything that happened?

Cole: It’s been hard with some things. Lots of changes. Hannah…

He trails off. I understand his heartache and hate myself for it. Sometimes things just happen as they’re supposed to but I still feel guilty for what Hannah went through. What she struggles with even now.

 

Kacey: How is she?

Alicia glares my way.

Alicia: She’s fine, coping. Hell of a thing for her to live with. Worse than what I faced.

I hang my head. Maybe time to lighten the mood.

 

Kacey: So, readers want to hear about your everyday life. I’m just going to randomly throw out some questions all right? Just say the first thing that comes to mind. These are fun and fast.

Cole slides his arm around Alicia’s shoulders.

Cole: Sounds good. Let’s do it.

 

Kacey: Alicia, do you prefer Cole in boxers or briefs?

Alicia: Nothing at all.

My eyes widen but understand. Him naked would be just what the doctor ordered. *sigh*

 

Kacey: Cole, what is sexier on Alicia…boxers and tank or teddy?

Cole: While I concur on her ‘nothing’ response, I have to say she just looks sexy every minute of every day.

The room feels warm. Alicia busses his cheek. I die a bit of envy inside. Lucky bitch. She has no idea what she has.

 

Kacey: Quiet dinner at home or night on the town?

Cole: Dinner at home…no interruptions.

Alicia: I agree

 

Kacey: Do you make much time for TV? If so, what are you watching?

Alicia: We don’t watch a lot of tv but do enjoy NCIS, Rookie Blue, Blue Bloods

I smile. Spoken like a cop.

Cole: Oh don’t forget, Dancing with the Stars.

Alicia glares at him. Hmm, interesting. The tough chick likes a girlie show. I let it slide.

 

Kacey: Where’s your dream vacation?

Alicia: Scotland

Cole: Hawaii

I look from one to the other. Neither looks ready to back down. So, not everything in their lives is hunky-dory.

 

Kacey: Sounds like a couple great places for you to travel to. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?

When neither answers, I clear my throat. They gaze into one another eyes, heat, sparks and love filter around the room.

Cole & Alicia: Whipped cream.

I roll my eyes.  That one was too easy, I should have remembered.

 

Kacey: Summer or fall wedding?

Both sit up straight, shifting, and eyes wide. Hmm, perhaps another short story pushing them to the edge might be in order for these two. It worked for Bella & Brady (Tied Down)

Cole: We haven't really discussed it. It will happen…

Alicia: Just not yet. Things are still changing in my life, ya know.

 

Kacey: I get it. I’ll let you off the hook…for now. I have kids to get settled for bed. But last question, if you had the chance to change anything about your relationship – just something about the decision(s) you made – would you?

Cole: Yes, I would.

Alicia gapes at him.

Alicia: What?

Cole: I would have looked harder for you after that first night together. I wouldn’t have waited so long, would have figured out a way to find you.

I tear up. This is why this man is one of my fave heroes.

Alicia sniffles.

Alicia: I wish we would have gotten together sooner too. I know things happen for a reason but I do wish we had more time together.

 

Kacey: Thank you both. I know how hard it is for either of you to open up.

Cole: I’d do anything for you, K.

Alicia scowls.

Alicia: Yeah, well, I’m sure you’ll put us through more messes and drive me crazy soon enough. When is the next book?

Kacey: Well, Ethan’s story is Wild Thunder…he too has a lot to work through.

Alicia: Hey, if you hurt him in any way…

Kacey: I would never do that. Give it a rest. You might be partners, but his story is his own.

Cole: Let it go, Ali. She’s right.

Alicia: I swear, don’t hurt Etahn, he’s been hurt enough.

Cole rises.

Cole: Time to go. Kacey, *he kisses my cheek* I hope to see you soon.

Alicia: No, I want to stay and talk to her about this. She’s hard on all of us…

 

I sit back, smiling, knowing that Alicia’s bark is worse than her bite.  She didn’t say anything about Bella & Brady’s last visit, in Tied Down. Hmm, perhaps her cousin hadn’t told her about it yet. And I have nothing to fear with Ethan. In Wild Thunder, he finds exactly what he needs…he just has to work for it a little hard in the end…

 

 

 

 

AWAKENINGS

In the Arms of the Law, Book 2

Available Sept 12 at Decadent Publishing

Contemporary Erotic Romance/Romantic Suspense

 

With her old flame back in her life, and on the trail of a killer, Detective Alicia Knowles is forced to face the past as she tries to make decisions about her future…

 

Detective Alicia Knowles once believed there was good in everyone. Not anymore. After a harrowing experience, her life had changed and she was a very different woman. Now more dangerous, she moves through the darkness of her once sunny world, unsure what to do with her pent up feelings of fear and anger.

Even her new boss, Cole Douglass, makes her feel out of control. One night, years ago, he made her feel things she'd never felt with any other man. This time it can only be business between them.

With her latest case, however, temperatures flare.

Their passion is rekindled as the search is on for a missing child and a murderer on the run. Can Alicia protect her heart from the most dangerous power of all…love?

 

Purchasing info:
 
Direct link  –  
 
My page at DP –

 

 

Excerpt: © Kacey Hammell

 

If only she’d never left him the next morning….

Had never decided not to leave her number….

Things might be different. For them both.

But at the time, she hadn’t been ready to grab onto forever yet. Deep down, she knew he’d want absolutely everything. But they’d lived in different cities then. And she hadn’t been ready.

She’d been a woman who wanted everything he had to offer—home, garden, passion, and family. Within Cole’s arms, she’d find an endless supply of heated moments every day. But he’d scared her, how much he made her feel. And how quickly the desire to be with him forever had risen within her.

And now, she was tainted. Life had intervened and shown her exactly how evil it could be. She couldn’t risk the dangers that came with her job, of not knowing if one day it would all end.

At the touch of his hands on her shoulders, Alicia opened her eyes to see their reflection in the glass. She committed the image to memory. She’d hold onto it for the rest of her life and remember it in the years to come, when she was alone and aching, that she’d held a piece of bliss for just a few moments.

She turned around. Their chests brushed, and she gave him a half-smile. “I know Hannah might not blame me, but I do. A few more moments, it’s all we would have needed. I’d change it if I could.” When Cole opened his mouth, she placed her fingers on his lips to silence him. “I can’t, but I vow to do whatever it takes to catch this son-of-a-bitch.”

Alicia tried to convey the sincerity of her promise as she stared into his eyes. For Hannah, and this man, she’d do whatever she could to bring peace to their family once more.

“I know you would. But you can’t carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. We’ll get him.” He raised his hand to her cheek and pushed back a strand of hair that had fallen over her face. Her breath quickened at the light touch. Her body stilled.

The air crackled with electricity. She was sure he could feel it, too; the tension rolled off his body like waves in the ocean. To walk away would be the best thing to do, but for the life of her, Alicia couldn’t get her feet to move.

“You know what, Ali?” His voice was soft and powerfully seductive. “You know what I remember most about our night together?”

Alicia’s hand clasped his wrist, below where his fingers rested lightly on her cheek. She wanted to fall into his arms, burn beneath his touch again. They’d never talked about it and she was curious to know what he remembered.

She remembered it all.

Every touch and sigh. She basked in the memory of every kiss and every pleasure.

Through many a cold and lonely night, she cherished the memories of Cole’s hard body pressed against hers, pushing her against the mattress—and the wall and the bathroom counter. She marveled at how he’d made her feel like more of a woman in one night than she’d felt in all her adult years.

Her voice hoarse and scratchy, she whispered, “What do you remember?”

“Our fire.”

When his mouth claimed hers, her body ignited with long-repressed emotions. Hunger, mind-blowing hunger, rattled through her. It was so hard to breathe.

 

 

 

Readers can learn more about my books and contact me via …







 

 Kacey, what a great interview !!!  Thanks so much for bringing Cole and Alicia to visit today.  I'm totally hooked and I have got to read more about these two!  I notice you have Ethan's story coming next so I hope you'll bring them in for a visit when the time comes and we'd also love to hear from Bella & Brady.

 Readers, you know what you NEED to do...  follow this link for your copy today !!!
 
Until next time, happy reading !!
 
Krista

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having us today, Krista.

    Cole sends you hugs and kisses! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview! Love those characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Alexa! Cole & Alicia --- HER especially -- were a handful, as you can probably tell :D
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this interview with Alicia and Cole! Delete button? Never! Wouldn't be as interesting.

    All the best!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete