Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Author, author...



...read all about it !

Today we are the next stop in the Jacob's Trial, Forbidden Legacy book tour and  I'd like to welcome it's lovely author...


Heather Long




Hi Heather, so great to have you here with us. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m an author, a mother, a student, a pet owner, a woman, and just a little bit crazy some days when the stories in my head are bursting to get out.


Do real life events find their way into your stories?

Yes and no. Some real life events can and do influence what I write. Whether it’s noticing they’ve cut down an entire greenbelt’s worth of forest or the news is reporting what happened to a Marine unit overseas or even here at home.


Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters?

Totally pleading the fifth on this one. 
 

Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?

Oh, always something different. Occasionally an event can inspire two stories or inspire one that in turn inspires another - but I am a bit eccentric as an author. I write in multiple genres so I look for inspiration in multiple places.


When do you write? Early morning? During the day sometime or all day? After the kids go to bed?

Mornings are prime writing real estate for me. I am a little like Sheldon Cooper in that I am absolute crap after 9 p.m. at night


 
How do you feel about marketing your book?

Marketing is an aspect of the business of writing. Sometimes it means writing blogs, other times it means sending out ads or press releases and other times it means sitting down with readers and talking to them--about my book, about what they read, the weather - etc. I actually love the last one, because I get to hear what people like and I’ve discovered new books myself through those conversations.


 
What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

I can’t tell you what work best, but I know what I enjoy more. I have both a Twitter and a Facebook account and I am relatively active on Facebook and less so on Twitter. It’s not that I think one is better than the other, but Twitter is an ongoing conversation that you can drift in and out of, but Facebook is a little more like the water cooler where you get to hang out with friends and meet new people!


 
Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?

I’ve done both. It really depends on my schedule and the story.



Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing? If so, what is it?

Spy novels! I want to write Alias meets Covert Affairs meets The Bourne Identity



Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

No. They are a fully fleshed out and developed people. I see myself more like their shrink or their sounding board.




Just for fun, I have a few personal questions,

Favorite 5

1) Favorite Male Actor - Chris Hemsworth

2) Favorite vehicle - Red Standard Jeep

3) Favorite way to relax - A massage, followed by a hot cup of coffee, a cool breeze and a great book.

4) Favorite ice cream - Mint Chocolate Chip

5) Favorite outfit - My black and gold dress that I wore to the Harlequin party.

And for a bonus: If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be? (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed)

In the best school district in the United States with the most opportunity!



Where can our readers find you??

Email: heather@heatherlong.net

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/HVLong

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HeatherLongAuthor

Website/blog: http://www.heatherlong.net

Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Heather-Long/e/B002BMBCUC/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2959976.Heather_Long




Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

New alliances are threatened…
Wizard Jacob, Fae Helcyon and their paramour Cassandra have set up a household together. Jacob and Helcyon have accepted the other in Cassie’s life, but they must work to realize that they need each other too in order to become a true trio.
Dark pacts are revealed…
The Fae are trending world wide, but the arrival of many dangerous beings, old foes and new friends bring about charges of treason for Jacob and a new danger for Cassie. Intrigue closes in on all sides as factions jockey for power in the divided Wizard Council.
One legacy may unite them…
Helcyon and Jacob are determined to keep the woman they love safe, but danger lurks at every turn and the old ways threaten their future.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Jacobs-Forbidden-Legacy-Publishing-ebook/dp/B008H745KE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346764243&sr=8-1&keywords=Jacob%27s+trial

Hels’s Gauntlet, the third book in the Forbidden Legacy and the conclusion to Helcyon, Cassie and Jacob’s story released in August and is available for purchase right now.

http://www.heatherlong.net/bookshelf/forbidden-legacy



and coming up this month is:

Yesterday’s Heroes to be released on September 17.

Yesterday’s Heroes is an exciting first book in what I hope will be a series of novels about Boomers, superheroes from the future who come back in time to try and save the world they come from--but can you really change your own past or do you simply build a better future? I loved writing Rory and Michael in this book and I am hoping readers respond to it.

http://www.heatherlong.net/bookshelf/yesterdays-heroes


 
In October, Micah & Mrs. Miller the third installment in my Fevered Hearts series will be released. This is a paranormal western romance set in the 1850s. It’s a story of family, of love, of survival and brotherhood.


http://www.heatherlong.net/bookshelf/fevered-hearts/micah-mrs-miller


Heather, thanks so much for visiting with us today, it was such a pleasure getting to know you.

I've got all your books on my TBR pile right now :)

Readers, make sure you go in search of these great reads by Heather Long!!

Until next time, happy reading!!

Krista

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment