Thursday, January 31, 2013

Author, author...



Today we have a special post by Rachell Nichole......



Hey Krista, 

Thanks for having me stop by today to talk about my book, An Affair Across Times Square. I have cooked up a little something special for you and your readers today. I’m going to interview Tyler Lachlan, the hero of this book.

 
1 - So, Tyler, tell us a bit about yourself, please.

Sure. First let me say what a pleasure it is to be here with you all today and thank you for asking me to come by for an interview. All about me, huh? Well, let’s see. I grew up in Brooklyn with my awesome mom and little sister Mandy. Now, I’m a lawyer for The Innocence Project, based in New York, and I love it. I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my niece, though Mandy lives in Paris now, so I won’t be seeing her right away.

 

2 - You seem very close to your family. What about your dad? I noticed you didn’t mention him.  

Well, my dad passed away when I was a kid, so I don’t really talk about him much. It’s been me, Mom and Mandy almost as long as I can remember. I have a few really great memories of him taking me to a ball game or two when I was young. He was a die-hard Yankees fan. And now I am too.

 

3 - That’s so sad about your dad. I’m sorry to hear that. He sounds like he was a great guy. What was it like growing up in a household with only females, then?

Interesting. Real interesting. Mom was a bit of a hard-ass sometimes, trying to keep us in line. Mandy and I were pretty close, but she was my little sister, so it my job to protect her. Mom, too, for that matter. I learned real quick when to keep my mouth shut, that’s for sure. Nothing like being ganged up on by your mom and little sister when they wanted something or just felt the need to prove me wrong!

 

4 - I’m sure. So how about some more basic questions, a little more surface, less personal?

That sounds good. Nothing like baring my soul on the internet for everyone to see.

 

5 - What’s your favorite color, movie, sexual position?

Wow, so much for less personal questions. That last one’s a doosy. Let’s start with the easy ones. My favorite color is green. Like the bright green of the grass at Yankee Stadium. Favorite movie’s a little harder. This is going to sound awful, and all kinds of unmanly, but here it is. I think out of my top three, one of them would have to be Pretty Woman. It’s not my fault. Mandy watched that damned thing so many times when we were younger, that I actually came to like the movie quite a bit. But the other two favorites are more recent movies that I love as an adult, not because of all the nostalgia and stuff. I really enjoy action movies. And I’m a huge Denzel fan. So Training Day and Safe House.

Now on to your crazier question…. Um, all of them? I mean really, how does one pick a favorite sexual position when they’re all so damned good? I will say, though, that pretty recently I’m pretty taken with from behind, but mostly because I know it drives Layla wild. She loves it. 

 

6 - Well, then. I guess I lied when I said they were going to be less personal. So sue me! Who’s this Layla person?

Layla’s my girlfriend. We’ve been together a few months now. She’s terrific. The love of my life, certainly. And we’re very happy together.

 

7 - Wow. That sounds pretty serious. Getting married anytime soon?

We haven’t really discussed that yet, actually. So I’m going to plead the fifth on that one.

 

8 - Fair enough. Can’t blame a girl for asking, though, can ya? How did you and Layla meet?

Oh, that’s an interesting answer. Through the window, actually.

 

9 - That’s rather vague for an interesting answer. Come on, can’t you give us even a little bit of detail?

If you insist. I spied on her through her hotel room window. Only it was not creepy or even vaguely stalker-like, I swear. She was entertaining herself and I happened to be across the street and see her. And when she saw me, seeing her, she just kept on going. The rest is history. I set my sites on seducing her and not even her determination to keep me at arm’s length could discourage me.

 

Sounds like one for the history books. Well, Tyler, thanks so much for coming by today. I wish you and Layla the best of luck.

Thanks, Rachell.

 

Well, there you have it, folks. Straight from the character’s mouth. I love all my characters, but Tyler and Layla are two of my favorites. I had a blast creating them and then getting to know more about both of them as I wrote the book. For more information on Tyler and Layla and their story, stop by www.RachellNichole.com

An Affair Across Times Square is on sale now wherever e-books are sold, but here are the direct links…




Fictionwise: http://bit.ly/Rq8BW5

All Romance ebooks: http://bit.ly/T6Drrh

Sony Ebooks: http://bit.ly/WYf6WV

 

What do you think, ladies and gents, is Tyler a worthy hero? Would you kick him out of bed for eating cookies? I sure wouldn’t. I would like to give away one free copy of the book to a lucky commenter who leaves their e-mail address below! 
 
Ooh, I for one would never...i'd be serving him those cookies :)  Rachell, thanks so much for bringing Tyler here and I can't wait to read more about he and Layla !!
 
Readers, don't forget to comment with your email address!
 
Until next time, happy reading !!
 
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment