Monday, April 1, 2013

Author, author.... Jessica E. Subject :)

....read all about her !!!

Today we have a guest post from a fantastic author !
 
Please welcome  Jessica E. Subject
 
 
 
Hello Krista and readers! Thank you for having me!
Here’s an interview with Leanne, two weeks after her accident.
Jessica: Hello, Leanne! I’m glad you are able to visit with us today.
Leanne: It’s a pleasure to be here.
Jessica: I see you still have your bandages on your arm. Do you feel comfortable telling us about your accident?
Leanne: I guess. Sometimes, it’s hard, but I’ll try my best. My parents were away, and had left me and the farmhand, Jake, in charge. I wanted to go out with my friends that night, but the day just wasn’t going right. First, a bearing seized on our auger, so I had to borrow another. Then, the cows got lose. If that wasn’t bad enough, my boyfriend called. We had a fight, and broke up. So, by this time, I’m completely frustrated and not thinking straight. All I had to do was get some grain up into the grain bin, and I was done for the night. Jake had already agreed to milk the cows for me. But then the borrowed auger jammed. Instead of turning off the tractor like I’d been trained my entire life, I left it running. I thought I could get it running again without much fuss. And I did. But I slipped on some grain that had spilled out of the hopper. I fell. Trying to brace myself, I shoved my hand forward, but it went into the auger…
Jessica: I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure life had been very difficult for you since then.
Leanne: Yes. Since I lost my dominant hand, I’ve had to relearn how to do everything. I can’t print my name without it looking like I’m in kindergarten. Getting dressed is a chore in itself. I mean, have you ever tried to pull up your underwear with only one hand. Wedgie, every time. And several times a day, I end up banging my stump, because I forget that I don’t have a hand. That’s just basic things. It’s even harder working out in the barn.
Jessica: How supportive has your family been since your accident?
Leanne: Very! They are wonderful. They push me when I need it, and back off when I’ve had enough. But the most support has come from Jake. He had never let me give up. He’s been by my side every day, helping me complete the chores on the farm, proving to me that I can still do it. He’s a good friend. I…I just wish I would have seen him as more than that before my accident.
Jessica: Why?
Leanne: Well, he’s always been there for me. I just didn’t see it before. But now, it’s too late. I’m damaged goods.
Jessica: He might surprise you. Thanks for joining me today, Leanne. I wish you the very best, and I hope Jake remains by your side.
 
Accidental Romance Blurb:
At twenty-two, Leanne Declan has graduated from college and hopes to take over the family farm until a tragic accident changes her life forever. Unable to do the simplest everyday chores, she must depend on her family and friends as she learns to face life’s challenges. But when her fears threaten to destroy her future, can an unexpected love be strong enough to help her dreams come true?
Buy Links:
 
Excerpt:
A million needles pierced her wrist. She had to get away from the fire. Leanne flicked open her eyes, screaming, longing for the agony to stop.
White walls surrounded her. Machines beeped. Taking in the new scenery, she closed her mouth, the pain forgotten. Bags filled with clear liquids as well as blood hung from a metal pole. She followed the tubes from the bags into her left hand. Was that where the burn came from? She glanced at the other arm, the end of which was wrapped in thick bandages. The image of spinning blades and her mangled flesh flashed before her eyes. She screamed again, tears falling down her cheeks. This can’t be happening.
Bodies rushed into the room, many in scrubs. With her vision blurred, she didn’t recognize anyone. All strangers. She was in the foreign place by herself. A nightmare. Has to be.
“Shh, calm down, sweetie. You’ll be okay.”
A familiar voice. She glanced to her other side to see her mom standing beside her, her eyes glassy. She held her hand, but Leanne couldn’t feel it, only the throbbing which had returned to her other one, the one that was…gone? She groaned, turning on her side, and pulled her knees up to her chest.
“Mom, is it really…?”
She brushed her fingers over her forehead. “Don’t worry about it right now. You need to rest.”
“It hurts so bad.”
“I know.” Her mother stroked her face again. “But the nurses will help it go away.”
“Leanne,” one of the nurses hovering around her said. “I want you to take deep breaths and count backward from ten.”
“Ten.” She sucked in air and cried out in agony.
Between clenched teeth, she continued. Anything to stop the pain. “Nine.”
Ice traveled through her veins. “Eight.”
The throbbing slowly ebbed away. Seven.
Darkness swept over her and pulled her down with it.
Bio:
Jessica Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotica. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous. 
When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk. Fast. But she just may slow down if there is a waterfall nearby.
Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.
Giveaway!!
On April 12, 2013, Jessica Subject will be giving away a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate to one lucky commenter during the Accidental Romance tour. Please leave your email address in your comment so that she can contact you if you win. Contest is international. Good luck!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today, Krista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, that's a fabulous interview. I read all the words, not a bit of skimming. I had wondered how Leanne had lost her hand. Not I know. Farms are one of the most dangerous places to work. Best of luck on your tour! I'll try my best to keep up with you.

    Liza2write@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liza! Farms definitely are a dangerous place, as I learned during my research for this story.

      Delete
  3. This looks like it is going to be a bit of a tear jerker.


    petula.winmill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Petula, it just might be. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  4. Woo Jessica,a fabulous interview.I have learned a lot and I see you always do a lot of research when you write a book .And wish you great success for your tour and books
    I always happy to hear from you
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mannouchka! It's great to hear from you again! I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much! All the best!

      Delete
  5. Great interview and the book looks to be very interesting.
    Jeann830@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    Accidental Romance sounds like it will be a wringer of a story - my heart goes out to Leanne.
    The very best of luck with your tour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassandra! I cried a few times while writing the story, so I hope it has the same effect on readers. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much, Krista, for hosting me during the Accidental Romance tour! And thanks to everyone who came out to visit!

    The winner of the $10 Amazon.com gift certificate is Meghan from the fourth stop on the tour. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete