Sunday, December 22, 2013

Author, author.... Toying with Temptation by

...read all about it !!





Welcome, so great to have you here with us.  Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Thanks for having me – it’s a pleasure to be here at A Passion for Romance! I’m Madison Martin and I’ve been writing mostly fun, light contemporaries with a few other more serious stories in there for about 10 years. I live and work in the Washington, DC area.
 
 
 
Do real life events find their way into your stories?

Yes, sometimes a real event will spark something in my imagination and make its way into a story. Although I usually like to embellish those events a lot J
 
 
 

Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters?

Not really! I have so many imaginary people floating around in my brain that I don’t think I’ve ever chosen a character based on anyone I know.
 
 
 

Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?

My inspiration when I first begin a story is usually a character that intrigues me and that I’d like to explore and give a happy ending to, and I take it from there. I never know when or where that inspiration will come from, but it’s always welcome!




When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed?

I’m without question a morning person. I’m the freshest and most inspired first thing, so I write before work each day. Then if the day escapes me and I don’t get any more writing time in, at least I’ve done something fulfilling for myself, even on days when I’m not very productive. I’m mostly brain dead at night.
 
 
 

How do you feel about marketing your book?

It can be a challenge, but it’s also fun and a great opportunity to meet and interact with new people!
 
 
 

What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

I love Twitter because it’s always fresh and updated. I love learning about people from random Tweets J
 
 
 

Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?

I usually wait until I have the final manuscript completed. Although the idea of pitching the idea first and working out potential problems in the story is particularly appealing!
 
 
 

Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?

I’d love to try writing a fantasy story with maybe some light paranormal elements…something that takes place in a totally fantastical world that I could lose myself in. I like being able to completely escape from reality!
 
 
 

Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

I think I end up writing a little bit of myself into each character I write, but generally, I like to imagine someone much, much more fabulous than I am as my heroine!

 

Just for fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5

1)      Favorite Male Actor - Chris Hemsworth.

2)      Favorite vehicle – Chevy Camaro.

3)      Favorite way to relax – going for a long walk while listening to my favorite music on my mp3 player.

4)      Favorite ice cream – Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby.

5)      Favorite outfit – Comfy jeans and a T-shirt.

And for a bonus:  If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be?  (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed)  San Diego. It’s my favorite city in the world. Preferably I’d live right on the beach!

 
 

Where can our readers find you?? 

Email:  Madison@madisonmartinbooks.com

Website/blog: www.madison@madisonmartinbooks.com

Amazon author page:

http://www.amazon.com/Madison-Martin/e/B0088D3PFS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

 
 
 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

Toying With Temptation

Blurb:

Driven, business savvy Hailey Burton, Vice President of Tryton Financial Institute, has been put in charge of running what could be her first ever failure: the company’s Christmas Eve toy drive. Toys and Christmas are beyond Hailey’s expertise, but when she's offered the chance for the promotion she's been waiting for if she succeeds, her competitive spirit kicks into high gear. When every company in Los Angeles turns her down, desperation leads her to Quinn Matheson. Ten years ago, Hailey chose a prosperous career over Quinn, but as she falls for him all over again, she can’t deny that they make a good team in business…and more. This second time around, is she finally ready to make the leap and become his partner in love?

Buy Links:




Publisher: Chances Press -- http://chancespress.com/
 
 
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Madison, thanks so much for being with us today, it was a pleasure learning more about you and TOYING WITH TEMPTATION! 

Readers, get your copy today !!!

Until next time,  happy reading !!


Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment